Saturday, November 27, 2010

The 1st Annual Post Thanksgiving Esterline 500

So we started a new tradition this year The Post Thanksgiving Esterline 500. The Kids and Curtis race against each other on the Playstation with a racing game. They draw names to see who they are racing against and then they race 3 races and the winners race against each other in the final race.
The winner of the 1st Annual Post Thanksgiving Esterline 500 was........
HANNAHLEE GRACE ESTERLINE

Now I am not a big fan of video games, and my family isn't truly. We had to knock the dust off of it to take on this endeavor, but it was such a wonderful time for our family.  As I sat on the couch reading while coordinating the "event" , I took a moment to notice how content I was, and not just me but how content our family was to just spend time together in the same room. Everyone was waiting their turn, and cheering on each other. Sometimes something so simple can be such a treasure.

1 comment:

  1. This is adorable! I can just imagine you all there together, cheering & laughing!

    Happy Thanksgiving! ♥

    ReplyDelete